Why Choose Us?
- Hennessy College offers students a state of the art campus with major construction works being completed in 2015. The students are able to utilise the Trade Training Centre, Hospitality Kitchen and Restaurant, Hall, Canteen Facilities, Horticultural Spaces and well as recently refurbished Art and Metal Work rooms and covered outdoor learning spaces.
- Students consistently achieve at high levels across Arts, Music and Sporting domains.
- Hennessy maintains a strong focus on technology through the BYOD program from Years 7 to 12.
- Naplan results show strong growth and performance.
- Strong regional focus with 45% of students from surrounding areas.
- Innovative STEM program from Years 7 to 10.
- Dynamic debating program with two recent NSW championship titles.
Hennessy Catholic College has a proud tradition of addressing community and student needs founded on charisms of the Presentation Sisters and Christian Brothers since 1925.
In 2000 Hennessy Catholic College was formed to address the needs of the wider Catholic communities in the South West Slopes by extending its student base to include Years 11 &12.
Hennessy is a comprehensive co-educational regional catholic college located in Young, in south- western NSW, catering for students from Year 7-12. As a regional college, 45% of our students come from surrounding towns and communities such as Grenfell, Harden/Murrumburrah, Cootamundra and Boorowa.
Hennessy aims to provide regional students with an affordable quality education, focusing on academic and sporting excellence and growth in Christian values. At Hennessy we continue a strong tradition of academic excellence in both traditional HSC and Vocational Education and Training (VET) subjects. This ensures all students from Year 7 to 12 are supported, in order to prepare them for their future.
Students have the opportunity to achieve their dreams at Hennessy. The 2017 Year 12 cohort achieved excellent academic results with 24% of students gaining Bands 5&6 and 6% of students achieving Band6’s/E4s placing Hennessy students well above the state average expectations for similar schools.
A vast range of cultural and sporting opportunities are available to students, with pathways provided to national “All Schools” level competitions.
The students at Hennessy are provided with a broad spectrum of opportunities by a highly educated and experienced staff. A strong culture of learning permeates the college with a vibrant community of learners regularly gathering to share teaching and learning ideas and strategies.